Sunday 18 July 2021

And now for something completely different

 There are a few reasons to post something completely different today. 

The first is that David is now one third of the way through his radiation sessions and that means he is only 6 treatments away from being past halfway - yay!!!

The second is that today is the very poorly named Freedom Day in the UK and I am thinking that there is a distinct need for some levity in what is surely destined to be a horrendous outcome of such rank amoral political shenanigans - and that is the politest I can be, sorry.

The third is that I read friends' boating blogs and feel rather jealous, and as David is in the midst of treatment (see first point above) and as travelling to the UK, while permissible for us is definitely not advisable given we haven't been vaccinated and given the second point above, it'll be some time before we are back on board nb Waka Huia. So I need a bit of cheering up about that every now and again - only briefly as being here in NZ in Waikanae is fine in spite of it being winter. It hasn't been that good a weekend in the north and west of the South Island though, so anyone reading this from those parts, this post is also for you.

So here are a few things to make you smile or laugh out loud or, at the very least/worst, doubt my sanity ...





Sorry, a bit nortee...


This made me think of 6 January in DC and also Wembley Way and Stadium last weekend, sadly.

One for every grandmother who reads this ...

My fave ...



If I was destined for a non-existent heaven and sitting on a cloud forever, I'd want much more than a magazine - Netflix, Acorn, my Kindle with unlimited books available ( esp new ones published since I'd karked it) and lots and lots of chocolate given gaining weight would not be a problem!

 


 
This one was for David


4 out of 4 Egyptians does Wheel of Fortune... (thanks, Adam xx)

This one took me a wee while to figure out ...

OK, that's it for today. Enjoy. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‚

6 comments:

Carol said...

They certainly made me smile and laugh out load Marilyn ... but still pondering the last one!! Very best wishes to you both from both of us. xx

Adam said...

That's Wheel of Fortune, not Countdown!

(Carol -- kid in a candy store)

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Brilliant Marilyn. We need some light relief now that Boris has done the dirty on us. I ask you....Freedom Day??? More like 'more lockdowns in the future coming up' if you ask me! I think you are better off where you are, who in their right mind would travel to the UK at the moment?
On a lighter note, I rather fancy stealing your 'Grandma' phone sketch if I may. I reckon the golden oldies that read our canal society mag would appreciate it.
Much love to you and Dave and great news his treatment is going well.

I&I
Xxxx

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Carol, I am glad they made you laugh. Re the bull in a china shop, I had to look really closely to see what the little animal was. But then an fb friend told me she had looked at what the bull called him ... Doh! I hadn't got that reference!
Adam, clearly, I don't watch UK tv! Will amend to fix it.
Irene and Ian, steal away - I copied them all from other people's or groups' posts. I saved them as photos so they should be eminently stealable!

It is very worrying watching what is happening in the UK right now. And we are quite content (except when reading boating blogs) to be here in NZ.

Mxx

Carol said...

Thanks for the explanations Marilyn and Adam, It still took a few more seconds for it to sink in! lol!

Jennie said...

Having another catch up Marilyn and thank you for the much needed laugh. As you have said Irene could copy one of the photos, I hope it is okay for me to share the sheep and collie one to share with Monty's dog family (we have a FB group). As for 'Freedom Day' - it has not made a jot of difference to us and I am glad to say that when we have been to shops etc nearly everyone is still wearing a mask - long may that continue. Jennie x