Saturday 29 February 2020

Vegetables and fruit storage

Yesterday morning we went to the outdoor market in Waikanae, after a lovely breakfast in Paraparaumu with Bruce, Gary, Leith and John.

Three shopping bags of fruit and veg plus 2 dozen eggs were purchased and brought home, and then carried in from the car to the kitchen, where they remained.

This morning (Sunday) after lying in bed blogging and then using the blender/muncher on the tomato soup I cooked yesterday, and ladling it into containers for freezing, I had to head to the supermarket to get sugar and more Allspice for making tomato sauce - today's housewifely task.

I noted that the bags of veg and fruit were no longer on the kitchen floor, and went in to say thank you to David, as one of my pet hates is the 6th handling of groceries (count them: 1 into the trolley/basket; 2 on to the counter/checkout travelator thingie; 3 into the shopping bags and into the trolley; 4 into the car; 5 out of the car into the kitchen; 6 away into their appropriate storage areas).

But disappointment, unmet expectation - he'd put away the eggs and blueberries but moved the other 2 full to overflowing bags to just out of sight across from the fridge.

#*%ˆ#$#$#. Off I went to the supermarket in high dudgeon - using the car, but in super-charged mode ...

I calm down as I am doing the next round of 1 - 4 grocery handling.

But the calm is shortlived. What do I see when I come back, you ask, that would set the steam rising again? Very good question!

In the middle of the kitchen floor, no longer discreetly across from the fridge, are the two overflowing bags of veg and fruit.

But wait, it gets worse.

This is what is sitting on them:
@#ˆ#@#*

So I write back:
And push it under the office door.
I then, as women can and so often do, made space in the fridge for everything. But into the office I took the head of celery and a parsnip, and told him these were what was left over and he should bend over ...

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Ooooh you are naughty!

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Okay now mate, how did you get your grocery handling down from 1-6, to 1-4? Do enlighten us!!

Love Jaq xxx

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Hi Jaq,
I calmed down during steps 1 - 4, then came home to do 5 & 6 - that is when I found said note.
I then did 5 and 6 for the supermarket groceries, and step 6 for the day before's fruit and veg.
Got it now?

Mxx

PS I note that you express no surprise at the content of my reply to David ...