Friday 14 June 2019

Sartorial elegance or what?

I forgot to mention I bought 6 pairs of socks in the market at Redditch yesterday - 6 pairs with legs as opposed to the little short ones that end below the ankle. I have lots of the latter here on the boat, but only 3 pairs with legs - well, who knew I would need them given it is meant to be summer? But the weather has been so pants that longer socks are required.

Mind you, it was a close run thing whether I would continue with the socks purchase: at first, the stall holder thought I was Australian, then compounded the insult by suggesting I was South African. He finally got it right, spurred on by my demanding my money back ...

I like colourful socks, so was very happy with my purchase, once the level of insult had been calmed 😏😛

I am now looking forward to boating in the rain, at least for a little bit, so I can wear my elegant attire.

In between showers this morning (after I'd made cheese scones for visitors and baked bread), I did a photo shoot.
I have a range of colourful socks that I can wear with my very fetching hi-viz pants and my quite decorously modest lime green jacket. I think I should start out matching the purple or red socks.
Our friend Clare gave me the lime green jacket - she had purchased it online and she could have used it as a shroud, wrapped around her about 4 times. It's a bit big for me (it'll only go around me 11/4 times, but it was free ... However, until I matched it with the yellow over-trousers, it had not occurred to me that it was not really a bright lime green - well, not in comparison to the trousers ...

I'll be happy wearing the whole outfit on the back of the boat - after all, almost no one else will be out boating when we are moving along in the rain. But I certainly won't be wearing it anywhere else!

No comments: