Monday 25 December 2023

We are home

 We have come home 2 days earlier than originally planned - David's cough is still in situ and it's worse at night. SO he has spent the last 2 nights sleeping more or less upright in the passenger seat of the motorhome. Not the best rest.

So we left Waitara a wee bit before 1pm, I think and arrived home at 5.30pm after a 299km drive, with a stop in Hawera for lunch (the dreaded Maccers - I left most of mine but did scoff the chocolate sundae first, a la Garfield's advice re the uncertainty of life and the wisdom of eating dessert first.

We had a lovely Xmas with Dee's family who we consider ourselves (and are considered) to be part of.

More about the last week or so in the next post. Now I need to sleep - and ACP is setting himself up in another oom, bless his heart. I do love that man!

And today it is 50 years since I introduced David to my mum, and tomorrow it'll be 50 years since he met the rest of my family at Tongaporutu. 💕💞💑

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Do hope David can et rid of that bad cough, it's no fun when you have to sleep upright to keep the chest clear. I'm sure you will seeking medical advice for his troubles. Happy 50 year meeting up anniversary.

Bernice said...

David must have passed it on to Roy …what were those blokes doing? Roy isn’t too bad tho, he’s mostly over it and he didn’t have the nighttime cough thank goodness.
It’s surprising how tiring travelling is, especially when you are driving as well. Take good care of yourselves and Happy New Year xx