Thursday 26 August 2021

Reality hits home

 We are feeling a bit battered at the moment - both of our lovely grandsons who live in Scotland have tested positive for COVID-19. For us it has been an anxious 48 hours, but so far they are both in pretty good shape. Olek has been feeling a bit sick, but is OK, he says; and Karol is feeling fine and happy.

David and I were both really anxious when we first heard from Marta about their infection, but regular contact with all three of them is easing our minds. 

As I write, David is on WhatsApp to Olek, who is sounding pretty good.

Marta is making sure they are well hydrated, taking plenty of vitamins and magnesium, lemon and honey drinks, eating healthily when they are hungry and getting some sunshine. While they are confined to barracks, they are interacting with friends on social media.

Marta called us on Messenger a couple of days ago to show us Karol and her outside in the sunshine playing Rummikub - he looked and sounded fine, and while we were chatting, they continued playing - and he won!


He looks OK, doesn't he? I like his T shirt - Limited Edition est. 2005 Well, actually, I rather like him too! He is a gem.

As we know, caring for teenagers (actual and incipient) who are mostly confined to their rooms is pretty testing and when they need to be confined to their rooms but are not really poorly, it is difficult for them and difficult for their carers. So Marta is wisely indulging in some self care this evening. 




Marta sent me this after I had posted the blog - I asked if she was OK if I added it, and she said that was fine. Quite hard to find, isn't she??? And it definitely looks like self care to me!


3 comments:

Carol said...

That must have been such a shock Marilyn but so pleased to hear that they are both ok in themselves and that their Mum is looking after herself too.

Jenny said...

Oh dear, what a shock. Do hope that they get through this without any very bad sy Tom's, and that it doesn't spread to their parents. They will be fine with their devices to keep them company, I'm sure.

Jennie said...

Sorry to hear about your grandsons, Marilyn and I hope they make a swift recovery. Our son, DiL and three grandchildren have all had it, but thankfully none of them were seriously ill. What a sensible Mum - a good way to escape for a few precious 'me' moments. xx