Tuesday 7 April 2020

Baking morning

Yesterday, while Jillian was out walking, I went over and picked some rhubarb from her garden - with permission of course. I have chopped it up and put it in the freezer, except for 1 cup of it which I am going to use in rhubarb and ginger muffins when I get out of bed ...

I feel a baking day (half morning ...) coming on - slowly obviously, given it's already 9.45am! So I think it'll be cheese scones, muffins and then BLATs for lunch.

Earlier this morning I typed the Edmonds Cookbook recipe for Anzac biscuits into my friend Wendi's fb page - we met Wendi at Campbell Park (Milton Keynes) last year.  So I will make some of them too, I reckon. Anzac Biscuits are the best!

I will even get brave and make a sourdough starter - last time I tried it was a dismal failure and I don't take that well.

More later when I have produced some results.

The Anzac biscuits ready for the oven - the recipe said it makes 36 but I only managed 34 ...

The rhubarb and ginger muffins just out of the oven, resting like all good muffins should so they let go of the tray!

The first load of washing up done. That is a container of feijoas behind the saucepan - delivered to our letterbox early today by Bruce, David's favourite.

Anzac biscuits out of the oven, looking good. Current count is now 33 as I was obliged to do a taste and texture test, as the cook. Self sacrificing indeed!
Rhubarb and ginger muffins released from captivity. Taste test not yet completed. I think David and I will have to share that big one just to make sure they are safe, don't you think?

Scones are out of the oven but I won't bore you with yet another photo of their extreme deliciousness.

Sourdough starter still to do. It's 11.58am, so apart from the starter I am on target for a morning delivery! I will do it before we watch Jacinda and Ashley at 1pm for our daily C-19 update.



No comments: