Sunday 12 January 2020

New maths, where 12 + 32 = 50 ...

The admittance to Millvale House is getting closer for a certain husband, I think. Let me explain:

A few days ago, I picked up $12 worth of groceries for our neighbour Kay. David delivered them to her and she tried to give him $50 in payment for said groceries, as well as for my going to collect her from the hospital the previous Sunday morning. David rightly refused the $50 and said that it was better that he turned it down than that I did, as he was likely to be more polite about it. Good call. 😏😚

Fast forward a couple of days: David and I were discussing Kay's trying to pay for something I did for her as a friend. David said it wasn't as heinous a crime as I made out, after all, he said, the difference was only $32.

So, I said, 12 + 32 is 50, now is it?

Straight to the Home**, was the following cry. So the threat now is that I am waiting until I can make a phone call to Millvale. After all, it's walking distance from the house - he could pack up his kit in the granny trolley and take himself there ...

We had breakfast with the lovely Kirsty not long after the new maths discovery. I think she concurs that her father is on the slippery slope, and she was impressed that his likely place of residence is within walking distance of home ...

However she did join with David in trying to justify 12 + 32 = 50, by agreeing with him about interest being added but not visible in his workings. She also brought up the requisite bank fees that would be incurred.

So either I have to get her to join David in Millvale, or I have to concede defeat at this point.

But you know I am watching him closely! 😛😜😝

** Kirsty uses this saying whenever either of us do or say anything nuts. Given she is our EPOA if either one of us is incapacitated, we watch ourselves around her ...

1 comment:

Anthony Del Rosario said...

Hi

Do you want to see more on this? A online college class could help to familiarise this even better.

All the best,
Anthony