Thursday 16 August 2018

A load of trash ...


In Loughborough now but moving on this arvo.

It was a good thing we had a day to do nothing, as my back gave out and I could hardly move yesterday morning, and any movement was very painful. I managed to find an osteopath here in town and got an appointment for 4pm. As it was, until about 3pm I stayed in bed dosed up on neurofen with a hot water bottle surgically attached to my lower back.

David took the kids on the steam train which was apparently a good experience, although not one that had them bursting in to tell me about it, so clearly not THAT great … 
I reckon Tim will have to pay for Business Class flights for them - they look right at home in First Class ...

A full English breakfast.

That locomotive looks impressive to me.
 
After the train they found a park


Not sure what this piece of equipment is



Walking backwards to Christmas perhaps?

I got up feeling better but not fabulous and walked to the osteopath – good thing David came with me as I would have gone the wrong way, even though I was looking at google maps … The osteo was pretty good, but had an annoying speech habit of using ‘we’ when he meant ‘you’, as in ‘Are we feeling any pain down our legs?’ ‘Does it hurt when we bend forward?’ After the 4th time, I couldn’t stop myself from saying ‘Well, I am not sure about you, but it hurts when I do it.’ And let’s face it, when I am working I always say ‘We need to do such and such, and when I say we I mean you.’ But this guy had that very disenfranchising way of using we – like the nurse who comes bursting in to the ward and says to you ‘And how are we today?’ AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Notwithstanding annoying speech patterns, his treatment was very effective, and if we come back this way to Debdale, I will call in again for another treatment to make sure my back stays in good shape.

Tim came to visit the boys last night, and they and David went to the local pub for dinner. Not good apparently. Limited menu, cheap but not worth more than it cost. I went down with them but didn’t feel up to eating there so came back and had avocado on toast.

It poured down with rain overnight, but it's brilliantly sunny now. I walked down to the Basin to take the rubbish and noticed there were heaps of cans and bottles and rubbish lying around on the ground, so I have sent them out to collect a bag of it each. Karol has been back, excitedly, for a second bag. I guess that means I’m going to be paying out more than £1 each …
Karol's first bag of rubbish.

The complete haul - and there is much much more where that came from. Why are people such litter bugs?

No comments: