Thursday 16 April 2020

Is this what friends are for, I ask??

Yesterday I received an email with the subject line: Just to annoy you. The content was this:
The caption under the photo in the email was: My starter this morning.
I emailed back: You are a bitch!

I will leave you to guess who sent the photo - she has a blog which is how she and I connected and how we came to invite them to come and stay on the boat with us, and how we taught them 5 Crowns, and took them on a jolly cruise down to the top of the Tardebigge Flight of locks and suggested they stay on the boat while we went off for David's eye operation in Birmingham.

And that is how she repays me! Talk about insensitive. As I said: bitch.

Here is how my starter has looked:
Quite lively after the first couple of days

Fed and it seemed happy enough to me
But then it did its flatlining thing.

Pip from nb Oleanna (she has a blog too) suggested putting in a red cabbage leaf. Did that yesterday afternoon, as noted in the previous post.

I sent Bernice (the mean one) this photo last night:
And I headed it: Still life with vegetables
You may note that the container behind the jar is magnesium capsules - of which I think I may need lots if this streak of failure continues...

PS Bernice (corrected the spelling, because that is a kind thing to do) has said that as soon as post shops open again, she will send me some of her starter, so she isn't totally mean, just mocking. 😈

2 comments:

Bernice said...

😂😂😂😘

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Well, laughing and poking fun are legitimate ways to keep optimism at bay, eh?
Thank you for being a good sport, Bernice, my friend.

Mxx