Wednesday 15 April 2020

In went the red cabbage leaf

OK, this is its last chance! That bloody sourdough starter has been fed and watered, stirred, patted, checked on - it has had more attention than David has, and still it flatlines.

But today, a day earlier than expected, our vege market people have delivered the vegetables and fruit, and in one of the two boxes was a red cabbage.

Pip from nb Oleanna commented on the last post and suggested adding a red cabbage leaf to the starter. So I have.

Watch this space ...

2 comments:

Pip and Mick said...

Good luck. Really hope it works. I left my leaf in for a day, carried on discarding some of the starter and then feeding it. A day later it went mental. Hope it does for you too
Pip

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Thanks, Pip. It still looks dead, but I will feed it tomorrow (discarding some mix first) and see what occurs.

That nasty Bernice sent me a photo of her very healthy looking starter this afternoon - so mean!

Cheers, M