Sunday 6 October 2019

Home

We are home - arrived in Auckland yesterday morning at about 4.40, did the immigration, collecting baggage and customs thing, dropped the bags at the transfer desk, and walked over to the domestic terminal in the fresh air and caught the 7am flight to Wellington. Lovely flight home.

Collected at the airport by Bruce and Gary, catching up on the health and well-being of mutual friends, did a quick one-bag shop at New World, dropped our bags at home and then went out to breakfast with B&G to Olive Grove in Waikanae. Yummy breakfast - you may wonder why we wanted to eat after 24 hours of eating on the plane - reason: I didn't eat dinner on the flight from Vancouver to Auckland, and hardly touched my breakfast.

David and I walked home in beautiful warm sunshine, I called in to say hello to Kay while David went on to make the bed. I showered, climbed into bed, and have been there ever since, mostly sleeping.

It's now 1.23am and I am awake, so am up making breakfast and a cuppa.

I know David had a sleep because I found him so on the bed in the sunroom. I also know he has sorted out the mail, started the car, started the motorhome, sorted out temporary internet coverage before Actrix come and sort out our new thingie, and watched the ABs/Namibia game (but delayed coverage). He is now sleeping in our bed.

I will make brekkie and probably take it back to bed and be as quiet as I can.

More later about the last days on the boat and the week of visiting friends and family. That will have to be done as jetlag and other bits permit - I have to take the motorhome for its COF in about 12 hours, David has an appointment at Wgtn Hospital for his left eye (the one that had the acute malignant glaucoma before we left NZ back in April) and I need to make an appointment to see Jonathan the osteopath to do the finishing touches to my still sore (but much better thank you Rupert in Pimlico) lower back.


5 comments:

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

You made it, that long long flight to NZ. Which flight did you choose? I'm only asking because I don't like the sound of you not eating. Was the food that bad??? We are flying out on Singapore airlines so I hope it wasn't that carrier. Gosh, I'm getting that excited, only 11 weeks to go. Blimey, I better hurry up and get the diet started! Glad you are both back safe and sound and so looking forward to meeting up sometime in the New Year. Xx

Bernice said...

Welcome home. We’ve been back a month and already planning our return next year! On our way north to get some fishing in.

Jenny said...

Welcome home. Your trip was certainly eventful with David's eye drama happening. It will take you a while to get your breath back, then you can settle down to our Spring weather.

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Welcome back to your static home! May you both rest, recover, an d feel renewed quickly.
Love Jaq xxx

Diane Nattrass said...

In the words of Dave Dobbyn.........

So welcome home, see I made a space for you now
Welcome home from the bottom of our heart
Welcome home from the bottom of our hearts
Keep it coming now keep it coming now
You'll find most of us here with our hearts wide open
Keep it coming now keep on coming now
Keep it coming now keep on coming now