Tuesday 23 June 2020

Reframing the impatience criticism ...

I read an article in the Washington Post this morning about a 69 year old man who recently died from COVID-19. He was obviously a well respected person.

Here is an excerpt:
Allen Lew ... built a generation of Washington landmarks as a hard-charging city administrator. From building the District's convention center to the Nationals Park baseball stadium and a massive rehab of the city's decrepit public schools, Mr Lew blasted through layers of bureaucracy, ignored rules that he said slowed progress and got big projects done in record time.

Clearly he was an amazing man with extraordinary talent in his field of endeavour.

One of the things that he was quoted as saying in a job interview was "I have a constructive level of impatience for getting things done." I am not saying that I am as talented as he was.

However I am saying that reframing ACP's criticism about my impatience has made me feel a whole lot better!

It is official and you read it here first:

I have a constructive level of impatience for getting things done!!



1 comment:

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Crikey Marilyn,

I've been completely out of touch and I had no idea!!! First I am grateful ACP came through the operation with good results. Second I am relieved to read he is listening to Lesley who has done a fabulous job of taking on board everything that could save her life following the alternative route to regaining her health. I will email you both a more in-depth response.

Biggs big hugs and loads of love,

Jaq xxx