Friday 19 June 2020

Recovering

The ACP still has ACP and is very much looking forward to it being removed on Tuesday.

The anaesthetic is still working its way out of his system and a nap is required each day. I am requiring a nap each day too, but I am not sure what my excuse is ... Age, probably.

Apart from that, and some pretty spectacular bruising across his belly, he is doing really well. For some reason, he does seem very pleased that he cannot do vacuuming and lawns for six weeks.

I can manage the lawns, but the vacuuming is a right pain - I may have to do a room a day so I can avoid wrecking my back!

We have been being quite social lately which has been lovely.

On Monday, Janneke and Nico called in briefly on their way home to Hastings, and as they arrived so did Bruce and Gary. The latter two stayed for lunch, but J&N were keen to get home, so they didn't even stop for a cup of tea, but once satisfied that David was doing well, they headed away.

Cards over FaceTime with Ann and Salvi on Tuesday, and again on Thursday.
Ann and I thrashed them in the team event ...
And on Wednesday I invited us to lunch at Joy and Grahame's - I did take some sourdough bread and cheese scones as part of the fare though. Cards with them (I lost big time!) before I took David home for a nap.

On Thursday my lovely sister Dee came to visit - she had chores to do or be done while Murray was at the hospital. Her chore was to complete their GST return at ours because the internet at the Airbnb is a bit flaky, mine was to apply the hair dye to her roots ...

And yesterday we had a small gathering of some of our Neighbourhood Watch group here for drinks and nibbles. David discovered that one of our neighbours also used to work at The Times Age newspaper in Masterton - she was there some years earlier than David, but the connection was lovely. And she knew David's dad.

Tonight we are going to Bruce and Gary's for dinner, so a nap is required. And before we go there is at least one game of cards with Ann and Salvi, and I have to make an orange syrup cake for dessert.

No comments: