Friday 31 January 2020

An effective growling

I had to have a word by phone with Irene and Ian one day last week (nbfreespirit.blogspot.com) - I had noticed with growing dismay that the title of every post since they left us was showing signs of extreme negativity. All of Irene's readers will know that the Red Peril campervan they hired has been a major disappointment and caused significant disruption to their South Island odyssey, but complaints about not seeing any kea at Arthur's Pass after I had told them that I had never seen kea in all my travels across there were just a bit OTT. After all, if they are going to ignore local knowledge then it's their bad!

So the phone call had the desired effect and even though Irene has continued to describe the ongoing hassles, she isn't headlining them. So, after much begging and crying from them, I have called off Tourism NZ and the DOC rangers ...

And since then of course even though their travails have continued, they have had some significant pleasures and a huge amount of fun, and rain doesn't appear to have stopped play at any time.

We too are having fun, but more of that in the next day or so.

No comments: