Thursday 4 July 2024

The husband, aka ACP and TB, is in the clear

 Readers of the previous post, in the spirit of being adherents to the misinformed view that David has a hard life and should be known as Poor David, will be pleased to know that punitive measures have ceased. The howls have died down.

This morning at about 2.51 (approximately or thereabouts...) an email from IRD came in. When I saw it at 5am I forwarded it to the TB (I'm not ignoring those emails again!), and thoughtfully waited until 6.30am before informing said TB. He immediately got up and logged in, as the email required. 

And yay, he is so very lucky: the GST balance is $0.00, including penalties.

And why is he lucky, you ask? Well, punitive measures have ceased and, as he is now the only income earner, he would have had to pay the penalty if it hadn't been wiped. So yes, he is lucky.

In other news: 

Yesterday morning before I was properly awake, David yelped that he had cramp in his foot. Off he hobbled to the bathroom to get his foot on the cold floor, which apart from my wrenching his foot back to break the cramp's hold, is the only way we know how to fix it. And then later, before we got up and while I was typing something in my phone, he yelped even more loudly and said it was back. He got out of bed and said he couldn't walk. Well, I was busy composing, so clearly I wasn't available to help. So I suggested he crawl. And then I couldn't help, because I was laughing so much.

Because I already had my phone out, I was able to take a photo:

I sent this to Olek, as any good grandmother would...


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor David indeed!

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Yeah nah, Jenny...
He is thriving on it, to be honest.
Mxx