Monday 5 August 2019

Tiredy-pops

Today I have done at least 17,000 steps - there will be more because at times I was holding my phone to check the route I needed to take and the phone doesn't record steps while the phone is in a hand.

So now I am tired! In part that is the distance I walked (into Aylesbury to the station this morning, in and around the underground station at Marylebone and Oxford Circus and Victoria, and along to Rupert's rooms in Pimlico. Then pretty much the same again on the way back to the boat.). In part though the tiredness arose from not sleeping well last night, and it's also been very hot in London today. And we all know about my relationship with the heat ...
Saw this guy in a building on Wilton Road ...

Successful session with Rupert. He is a gem. My back, neck, ankles and feet feel much better.

He is also keen on narrowboats and often joins friends on their traditional boat at festivals. One day, I will make sure to attend one so I can see him in a different guise!
I had lunch at Rosa's Cafe (Thai) on Wilton Road after my appointment. Spring rolls followed my mussamam chicken curry - yummy but forgot photo (I was reading). No dinner required.

Me and Ronnie.

When I got back to the boat, I had to change out of jeans and boots (latter required for comfortable walking) as it was so hot. And I had to open the boat right up and close curtains on the sunny side and then stand outside where there was a bit of a breeze for a bit. So I didn't look like I was loitering, I hung some washing out at the same time 😅

I took some feijoa jelly over to Sarah, an NZer living on her boat here with her English husband. She has volunteered to help me up to and past the weedy/reedy stuff in the morning - before David gets back. Yay!! I need to get going as Liz told me today they are leaving London on Thursday, so we had best get a move on if we want to get down to Berko - and I do!!

I've filled with water, taken the rubbish over to the bins, washed the recycling bucket, done another load of washing, done a very small tidy up seeing as Sarah will see the boat tomorrow, washed the dishes, had a cup of tea and a cup of chamomile and two mandarins. Now I am going to bed.

Note to self: remember to send David a pin of where I am as he approaches Aylesbury tomorrow ...

No comments: