Friday 15 March 2019

The saddest days

It is 24 hours now since David and I found out about the terrorist attack in Christchurch by a white supremacist from Australia. 49 people dead, over 40 injured, about a dozen of them critically injured.

This is just the most horrific act ever to take place here in modern history, and it has shaken us to the core.

David and I are usually happy to meet up with other campers, do the social chit-chat, and keep it light. Today, we have kept to ourselves - I am in the mode of if anyone said anything to me about our immigration policy being the root cause of this because we have new immigrants who are Muslim, either my head would explode from the effort of keeping quiet, or their heads would explode from the level of my vitriol.

As anyone who reads about our laws and the policies that underpin them, would know, NZ's immigration policies are really strict. And our refugees policy is also strict - no refugees gets in here without strict screening. So none of the people killed were any threat to NZ. But that white australian f__ker was.

I am ashamed, I am angry, I am so so sad.

No comments: