Friday 21 December 2018

And I had a birthday!

The second of our trips away in the motorhome was focused around my birthday - a Zero Degrees event, arranged by the lovely Judy.

We all gathered in Turangi at the bach of a friend of Jim and Judy's and celebrated my turning 68.

L-R: me, Adair, Helen, Judy complete with charming sparkly hats ...

Front L-R: Alan, David. Back L-R: John, me, Adair, Helen, Judy, Jim - the foundation members of the Zero Degrees Club from our days in London and Oxfordshire. Lovely feriends

Dinner. Note the very bach carpet ...

Earlier in the day we had a walk in the rain to the township, to do a secret Santa purchase at the op shop. $5 maximum. A huge amount of fun and laughter unwrapping what were some useful and not so useful presents. Some were returned to the op shop to be re-sold ...

On our return, there was a large bunch of beautiful flowers delivered to John and Adair and then re-delivered to me. A lovely gift from our darling son, Tim.
I had a lovely birthday - good friends, hilarious laughter, good food and family.

Next year, it'll be David's turn as he will be 70 - one to be celebrated bigly, I am sure ...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Sending you 68 very special birthday wishes from us. Happy Birthday!

Jennie said...

A belated birthday greeting from us. Jennie and Chris xx

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Hi Jenny and Robin and Jennie and Chris,

Thank you for the birthday wishes, and they are only belated because I didn't get the pictures posted until this morning - so it is my bad, as the youngsters say ...
Big hugs and a safe and peaceful xmas and new year,

Marilyn

Carol said...

Birthday wishes to you Marilyn, sound like you had a great day! From Still Rockin' we wish you both a very Merry Christmas a peaceful New Year and a good road ahead. x